Queen Street, Little Hulton, Salford M38 0WHEmail:
0161 921 1940
St Edmund’s RC Primary is a GOOD school because:
• St Edmund’s is a friendly welcoming school in which pupils thrive. Leaders have established a culture in which everyone is respected.
• Leaders have successfully tackled all of the areas for improvement identified in the 2014 inspection and the school continues to improve.
• Governors have a better knowledge of how well pupils are achieving and of the quality of teaching. This knowledge has helped them to challenge leaders more effectively.
• Provision for the most able pupils has improved, so this group, which had been floundering for a number of years, is now making good progress across a wide range of subjects. Leaders have also been successful in increasing disadvantaged pupils’ progress.
• Teaching in English, mathematics, science, history, music and physical education is particularly effective. Teachers use assessment well to plan lessons to build on pupils’ skills
• The early years is good. Teaching is challenging and enables pupils, particularly the most able, to make good progress. Children’s levels of development have improved in the last three years and they are well prepared for starting Year 1.
• The school’s work to promote pupils’ safety and welfare is outstanding. It means that pupils have a very good understanding of how to stay safe in a wide range of situations, including when online.
• Bullying, racism and derogatory language are very rare. Pupils work and socialise regardless of age, gender or ethnic heritage. It is a harmonious school in which pupils feel safe and welcomed. Pupils behave well in class and around school. Attendance is above average for most groups of pupils.
• Parents are very positive about the education their children receive.
Ofsted is the Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services, and Skills. It is the government organisation tasked with inspecting and regulating care for children and young people. This includes inspecting educational facilities for learners of any age.
St Edmund's RC Primary School was last observed in June 2016.
Click on the image to visit the OFSTED website.
Parent View is an online survey tool by Ofsted, that gives parents/carers the chance to tell us (and Ofsted) what you think about our school. Parent View asks for your opinion on 12 aspects of your child's school, from the quality of teaching, to dealing with bullying and poor behaviour. Ofsted use the information you provide when making decisions about which schools to inspect, and when.
Click on the image to complete the online survey.